The C65 has always been one of our most handsome dress watches, and this version is no exception. The matt-blue dial contrasts perfectly with the white indexes, but it’s the orange second hand (complete with Trident logo on the counterbalance) that makes it really stand out. The brushed-steel 43mm case provides a subtle frame for the dial, while the Trident logo, embossed on the back, confirms its diving-watch DNA. This will be the last new watch with the ‘Chr.Ward’ logo, so it’ll also provide a nostalgic reminder of Christopher Ward’s journey so far.
Swiss movement manufacturer Sellita started as an outsourced manufacturer of ETA’s 2824-2 movement.
Changes in the industry, and the expiry of IP rights associated with the 2824, led to Sellita developing its own virtually identical version, the SW200-1. The only real difference is the addition of a 26th jewel which sits just below the ratchet wheel and reduces friction associated with automatic winding.
- Diameter: 43mm
- Height: 10.4mm
- Calibre: Sellita SW200-1/ ETA 2824 (stock dependant)
- Strap: Leather
- Water Resistance: 15 ATM (150 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Lug to Lug: 51.5mm
- Limited edition of 175 pieces
- Swiss Made
- Self-winding automatic movement
- 38 hour power reserve
- 43mm marine-grade 316L brushed stainless steel case
- SuperLuminova indexes and hands
- 4mm anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- High Definition “Trident” motif back-plate
- Unique engraved serial number
- Embossed Alligator Pattern Italian leather strap
- Beautiful presentation case and owner’s manual
Release date: 7 June 2016